Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Reducing my carbon footprint .. a small step but a definite one !!


I was amazed to hear from my system admin that in the past three weeks since I had installed a energy saving/management program on my desktop machine which was working from 9 to 5.30 pm daily for 6 days, my energy consumption on the PC had dropped by 40%. 

Even more interesting, my carbon footprint had been reduced by 4.9 kgs of Carbon dioxide, ie. by using the energy saving program on my PC I had put 4.9 kgs less of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere..

Now I am looking at other ways to reduce my Carbon footprint, like giving my car for service ( not serviced for the past six months..)

The opportunities are unlimited..! Only thing is I need to find them and slowly start executing them.

ge..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Environmental Sustainability issues globally

Based on the information from sources across the world, here are the top 10 interesting issues in environmental sustainability that are pr...

My popular posts over the last month ..