Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fuel efficiency in Tata Indica Xeta ..2006

Even though Tata Motors claims officially in its advts that Indica Xeta gives a mileage of only 14 kms /litre of petrol, I have been getting about 14 kms in the city per litre of petrol and approximatley 20 kms for long distance travel on my Tata Indica Xeta 2006 model. 

I must confess that the maintenance is very minimal, I just change the engine oil every 15000 kms and engine coolant once in a year, with regular topping with water, gear oil change once in 2 years or so. My drive is also about 30 kms /day in Bangalore city at max 60 kmph speed. Careful driving without any unnecessary acceleration and braking.

In both my trips to Kerala in May 2009 and Dec 2010, I have got on an average app 20 kms to a litre of petrol. That works out to Rs.1500 one way ( in May 2009 a litre of petrol was costing Rs 55 while now it is Rs 63. )

Even though I drove for about 12 hrs with max 60 mins break in between for bfast and lunch, at the end of the day, I never felt the strain. Was feeling as fresh in the evening as I was when I started my trip with family.. I speaks a lot of the suspension system and the very comfortable seatings and ample leg space inside the car.

I may not be able to compare this vehicle with Mercs or Audi, but defintely Tata Motors does offer value for the money ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Environmental Sustainability issues globally

Based on the information from sources across the world, here are the top 10 interesting issues in environmental sustainability that are pr...

My popular posts over the last month ..