Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dr Thimmappa Hegde, Narayana Hrudayalaya on Personal Excellence ..

Dr Thimmappa Hegde at Alliance University
Dr Thimmappa Hegde from Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore spoke in Alliance U on 17 July 2012. Cool, composed and quite heavy weight !!

One of the great takeaways from the talk for me was this observation :

" If you win, you win, if you fail, you learn from it. Again you win !! "

Dr Thimmappa started the talk with these two paragraphs from the poem "My cup has overflowed" (author unknown). It was very striking and set the tone for the rest of the talk.

It stressed on why and how we should be content with what we have, in that we can get the greatest joy by enjoying what we have, even the pains and tribulations make this life worth living, everywhere there is learning, from our failures and from our successes, lessons of humility !!

I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow
     And as I go along life's journey,I'm reaping better than I sowed
     I'm drinking from my saucer, Cause my cup has overflowed.  

Haven't got a lot of riches,and sometimes the going's tough
 But I've got loving ones all around me, and that makes me rich enough.
      I thank God for his blessings on me, and the mercies He's bestowed.
      I'm drinking from my saucer, Cause my cup has overflowed.

http://www.scrapbook.com/poems/doc/17105/67.html ( full text of the poem)

Micheal Coombs singing this song .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypHZFB5ySM0

Personal Excellence, 4 videos on Dr Thimmappa Hegde ( from a different talk in July '12 itself..)

An accomplished neurosurgeon from Bangalore, a Josephite, 

PART I

PART II 

PART III 

PART IV 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXVzIh2Ztt4&feature=relmfu

When the students of Alliance U visited Narayana Hrudayalaya later in the semester, Dr Thimmappa addressed them quite passionately .... Link is here ..

ge.. (caricature of Dr Thimmappa Hegde by Sajjive..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Environmental Sustainability issues globally

Based on the information from sources across the world, here are the top 10 interesting issues in environmental sustainability that are pr...

My popular posts over the last month ..