Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Daily build release of Ubuntu 21.04 ..

The opening screen of the daily build release of Ubuntu Linux 21.04 Hirsute Hippo slated for final release on 22 April 2021. This is a non - Long term support OS, ie. it will be supported only for 5 months from its release with official updates.

My experience with this futuristic OS is excellent. I would rate it as **** (4 star).
 
After using for almost 4 hours this afternoon with Youtube video and audio, newspaper sites for colour reproduction, google sites, colourful websites to assess coiour reproduction, I can only say that this Ubuntu 21.04 is an excellent futuristic OS. 

The office suite is Libre office, though it is a bit slow on older computers, it is very efficient and powerful omn my machine. 
 
Negative points : (only one I could note)
 
1. The release does not have a wide collection of software, no VLC player, no GIMP ...

The OS comes with a small set of software, was sized at 3.1 GB, and I am using it as a Linux OS on USB system on my new ADATA (Taiwan make) USB, that I ordered at Amazon this morning and got delivered by 3 PM.
 
I have been trying different versions of Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Manjaro, Lubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Suse and what not, this OS beats them all. It is so very fast. My system is a HP (2012 make) laptop HP 430, has 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Intel i3 processor ...

What I can briefly tell about this OS, which is at the testing phase and not yet released, (to be released on April 22, 2021) is that this is a cool, fast. no problems OS. This is sure to beat all other Linux OS which will get released soon. 

Since I have this on my new ADATA nUSB drive, I shall be checking on my office system tomorrow. 
 
These are the different steps involved in the final relase stated in April 2021. (click here)

George..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Environmental Sustainability issues globally

Based on the information from sources across the world, here are the top 10 interesting issues in environmental sustainability that are pr...

My popular posts over the last month ..