Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Yoga lifestyle and other medical forms

Many western medical practitioners of the 200 year old Allopathic medicine stream belittle the efforts of established and practiced ancient methods of medicine like Ayurveda practiced in India for more than 5000 years.

Let me start with a personal experience I had just two years back.. After I had the last bout of low back-ache 2 years back, I was advised by the medical practitioners to go for surgery of the spine to correct for the disc prolapse. After I expressed my fears with a surgery on my spine which had only a 50% chance of success, the physiotherapist at St Johns hospital, Bangalore gave me some yoga exercises to do. I've been doing these exercises daily for 2 years and now my spinal low back ache is gone !

yoga, the oldest exercise regimen of the world.
The physiotherapy exercises are nothing but yoga asanas given different modern names. Yoga not only gives physical vitality, it removes sloth, makes one mentally active too. My experience from the yoga classes I used to take in Goa with a doc.

 Medical Definition of allopathy. plural allopathies. 1: a system of medical practice that aims to combat disease by use of remedies (as drugs or surgery) producing effects different from or incompatible with those produced by the disease being treated.
Dhanurasana

Allopathy looks at the immediate treatment of the symptoms, it rarely does try to attend to the cause, due to lack of awareness of the same, unlike other medicinal forms which try to understand the root cause.

Here is an April '16 WebMD article praising the 5000 year old superior Indian lifestyle (good for the whole world) to gain all-round health. (2500 years before the white men got down from the trees or the Greeks started their medicinal form - modern allopathy) ..

Here is a short writeup on the practice of yoga by the world's largest Non-governmental Organisation, Art of Living .. www.artofliving.org
Yoga is not a medical treatment, but a way of life, a general physical and mental health enhancing exercise routine lifestyle ensuring all round health !


Yoga is not a medical  treatment regime, but a proactive lifestyle to ensure good physical and mental health.

George

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Environmental Sustainability issues globally

Based on the information from sources across the world, here are the top 10 interesting issues in environmental sustainability that are pr...

My popular posts over the last month ..